Broken, chipped, weakened and fractured teeth that need protecting? Or are your teeth heavily affected by dental decay? A CEREC dental crown is likely your best treatment option to maintain your oral foundation.
CEREC Crowns Ready Within The Hour
Our CEREC crowns cost from £900
CEREC crowns allow patients to get a fully restored, natural-looking tooth faster. The main advantage of opting for a CEREC crown is that it’s a one-appointment solution, where your crown can be made and fitted on the same day of your visit. So you don’t have to wait weeks for a new crown to be made.
We have a team of dentists trained in designing and placing dental crowns and can offer patients faster and more convenient appointments through better technology that avoids gooey impressions and delivers from predictable results.
You'll need a CEREC crown if...
- To extend the life of a tooth for years to come.
- You have a chipped or damaged tooth.
- To restore a weak/broken tooth impacted by decay.
- You require something stronger than a filling.
- To improve the colour, shape and size of your tooth.
- Treat severely fractured teeth and establish functionality.
- Restore the original shape and appearance of the tooth.
Modern dental crowns in three steps
01. The scans
We will take digital pictures of the tooth requiring a crown, and a digital model of your tooth is constructed using CAD/CAM technology.
02. The creation
The milling machine will take the digital model and carve a 3D tooth out of ceramic, typically taking only 15 minutes.
03. The placement
We’ll give your new crown a polish and place it inside your mouth once we have trimmed the tooth and created a base for the crown.
Everything you need to know about CEREC Crowns at this stage
- Made from a very strong ceramic material
- Designed, crafted and installed using computer-assisted technology or CAD/CAM
- Brand new crown placement in one to two hours
- Closest replica to natural-looking teeth
- Will perfectly match surrounding teeth
- No dark, metal gum line like other crowns
- The CEREC system is reliable and has superior strength
- Longer-lasting and abrasion-resistant
CEREC Crown Costs & Payment Options
A CEREC dental crown at our practice in Surrey costs £900.
Ways to pay for a CEREC crown:
- £75 per month using 0% finance over the next 12 months.
- Pay a 50% deposit (£450) and finance the remaining £450 over 12 months 0% for £37.50 per week.
- Some dental insurance plans might cover the cost, or at least a portion.
Dental crown alternatives and other crown types
Fillings, onlays and dental veneers are all crown alternatives. However, they might not be applicable depending on how much tooth structure you have left. For example, with veneers, you’ll need your tooth intact, and not all fillings will be able to rebuild the tooth as we would hope to protect it.
In some cases, it is unavoidable to get a crown unless you opt for extraction and a missing tooth, which is not hugely recommended either.
Perhaps you might want to explore other dental crown types, such as Zirconia, metal, porcelain fused to metal or lab-made porcelain or gold.