Here at the Gentle Dental, we’re used to making impossible dentistry possible – and we only have our talented implant dentist to thank.
Complex missing teeth cases
Has your local practice or dentist told you “no”?
Have you been made to believe that your missing teeth case is too complex?
Have you been told you do not have enough bone or gum and that nothing can be done?
We are often asked to give second opinions on cases such as All-on-Four, sinus lifts, multiple implants, bone augmentations and severe gum disease.
Referrals for complex cases
Sometimes there can be so many dental problems with a patient you may not know where to begin.
Many dentists refer patients to The Gentle Dental because of our implant experience and skill level, not to mention the advanced technology and equipment we have at our practice.
For us, we often find that nothing is impossible and that there is always something we can do to help you feel better about your smile.
Defining complex cases
The following can threaten the success of an implant:
- Tooth decay and damage
- Active periodontitis or gum disease
- Oral infections and sores
- Horizontal or vertical bone loss and tooth mobility
- No adjacent teeth, or those present in unsuitable positions
- Lack of bone depth
As implant dentistry requires special attention and knowledge in periodontal disease, patients finding the right dentist to trust is extremely important to prevent implants from failing.
How we simplify challenging implant cases
When your case is not properly assessed or a dentist does not follow proper protocol, the chances of your implant failing increase.
They occur due to:
- Poor dental treatment
- Allowing problems to persist untreated
Dental implant cases often describe a lack of bone in the jaw, which prevents an implant from being placed safely and stably.
Within just six months of losing a tooth, the bone in the jaw can deteriorate – it will never grow back.
Typically when there is not enough bone mass to support the dental implant a bone graft will be required.
The placement of implants during advanced bone augmentations will demand a higher level of surgical expertise and the significant capacity to care for such patients.
How we handle complex implant cases
An intricate case is not just defined by the difficulty of a procedure but rather by the potential issues that can compromise the function, comfort and even longevity of the final tooth or teeth.
The prosthodontic team dedicated to your procedure are qualified to manage the occlusal scheme, which includes modifications to the vertical dimension and position of your teeth and how these developments interact with existing dentition (if present) and their relationship to the jaw.
The result of a case cannot be easily visualised without extensive diagnostic and treatment planning techniques.
Our implant consultations aim to identify any and all the potential issues provided in our diagnosis.
Assessing this in the first stage helps us to build trust with our patients rather than highlighting or discovering these issues as we continue with treatment.
Complexity factors include:
- Multiple missing teeth and the variety of options: which one is best, not only for the patient but for the expected outcomes, how they will be received and budget
- Large posts and cores – do we keep them or extract them?
- Do we try and save certain teeth or consider a full mouth reconstruction?
- Potential medical problems that could compromise treatment
- When more than one specialist is involved
- Managing gum disease and root decay
Each factor adds additional complexity to the case, with the number of problems increases significantly.
The Gentle Dental, and Dr Ali Rifai in particular, continuously have heavy involvement in treating complex cases and, in the past, have provided long-term success and overall peace of mind.
One step at a time
We take things at your pace and break our treatment up into stages, which will be agreed upon with you upon drawing up the treatment plan.
This allows our clinicians to properly assess your condition and ability to cope with these procedures.
If you’re unsure about anything or would like a second opinion on your condition, call the doctor at 020 8224 7562.
Our skills and experience set us apart
Why choose Dr Ali Rifai to treat your complex case?
- 25 years of skill and experience in implantology, prosthodontics and periodontal work; there is nothing Dr Ali has not dealt with
- Delivers an understanding approach, which allows him to work with patients to find alternative and effective treatments that suit them
- Has access to the latest dental improvements, technology and software that provide better, more achievable results that go beyond just promises
- 98.2% success rate for implant placements
- Easily can provide long-lasting stable solutions to repair your smile